Saturday 28 November 2015

Studio 54





Aesthetic for those lacking. I came across this when I was researching Warhol for my GCSE art, and obviously fell in love. Tell me, where the parties are at today because they are seriously not competing with this - I mean, are they even trying

I'm missing out. Studio 54 was literally 190% cool. Elite and fabulous. And the fashion is an inspiration to all. I could have been among the likes of Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Liza Minnelli, Andy Warhol, Bianca Jagger, Allan Carr, Rod Stewart, Olivia Newton-John, Cher, Jerri Hall, Mick Jagger, Grace Jones - everyone worth knowing - had I only been born 30 years earlier. The photos are like the epitome of 70's glamour - strobe lights, jumpsuits, platform heels, huge hair, polaroids, real dancing, vinyls, parties, glitter. Being invited would have been a lovely addition to my year, say, for a birthday party. I could just ride in on a camel (obviously to be a bit exclusive from Bianca Jagger and her white horse). 



No comments:

Post a Comment