Wednesday 21 December 2016

(80's Inspired) Pink Bomber Jacket + Jeans

If someone asked me to create an outfit that wholeheartedly represented me and my style, I would wear something like this.



Jeans - Topshop
Rollneck - Primark
Camisole - Zara
Belt - Charity shop
Bomber - H&M


I bought this pink bomber jacket when it become the must-have item for 2016. I wore it frequently throughout the summer and pre-autumn period, and then less so at the start of winter. Only recently have I rekindled my love for the oversized, kind-of-unflattering silhouette, bubblegum coloured jacket. I love how it has a subtle 80's feel to it, making it an easy way to join in with one of the biggest trends this season, without going too crazy. I also love the fun, girly pop of colour that it adds to a darker winter outfit. The velvet camisole is from Zara. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and have been gushing about its absolute beauty ever since. I was on the lookout for a camisole - again because it became one of the must-have pieces for AW16 - and found this one which ticked off two trends in one go (velvet and the pyjama trend). It has a gorgeous dark florals design with a thin tulle trimming around the hemlines. The thin spaghetti straps add a perfect 90's-inspired vibe to the outfit. I have worn this top in both the daytime and evening - both with a t-shirt underneath and alone. Again, the layering of a t-shirt with the velvet cami over adds more of an 80/90's feel. I love the addition of the silver crystal choker for a glamerous, sparkly twist and a different focal point. I love how the converse clashes with the choker - it really reminds me of the Saint Laurent Spring 2016 'grunge tiara'. 






No comments:

Post a Comment