Monday 5 December 2016

Styling A Fur Coat In AW16 (Evening Wear) #2

Styling up, ready for the festive season get-together that requires sparkles, dressed down with jeans.



I am really pleased with the way these photos turned out. I have been wanting to experiment with using the flash on my camera and then taking photos indoors in the dark, for a while now. I love the deep contrast between the light and dark shadows in the photos. I have also been testing out new ways to edit my photos. I tend to change up my unofficial process every few months (or basically just when I get bored of whatever colour scheme, or filter, is currently running through my Instagram). I am currently using a new app that I recently downloaded called 'Snapseed', and of course I follow it through with trusty VSCO.

I don't have any official planned social events for the Christmas period, but I know that I will definitely be needing an outfit for Christmas Eve mass, a meal with friends and Christmas markets with family. As always, Christmas springs unexpected days on you and it always proved handy to have a few spare outfits styled up for the odd party. I think this outfit would be perfect for a festive meal; because of the on-trend metallic cami-style top from Urban Outfitters (ticking off 3 AW16 trends in one piece: metallics, camisole tops, 90's). I think the jeans tone the whole outfit down and make it more casual, taking the whole outfit from a typical party get-up, to a more sit-down dinner appropriate look - or even a daytime outfit, if worn with different shoes (Converse?) or a different coat (oversized bubble jacket?). I have been obsessed with these jeans since I bought them a few weeks ago. I have had my eye on either straight leg jeans or mom jeans for such a long time, but finally settled on this gorgeous pair of straight leg dirty-wash denim jeans after being inspired by Lizzy Hadfield's style. The frayed hem also checks off another AW16 trend. The necktie ties in another AW16 trend, and I think is a modern, trendy alternative to a black choker. It also adds a focal point to the chest/neck area without wearing any jewellery. I haven't been counting but I seem to have only spoken about trends in this paragraph. This happens to be an unplanned trend-heavy outfit. 

Time to talk about these shoes. They have a strong love/hate effect on anyone who sees them. I fell instantly in love with the ballet pumps from Mui Mui with the gingham ribbons. I spent quite a while looking for dupes, or similar, shoes - I found these stunning shoes from Zara. I love the maximalist feel they have to them, especially with the dark blue satin ties over the toe. 











No comments:

Post a Comment