Sunday 1 April 2018

Styling A Blazer For SS18 – Casual Off-Duty (+ Current Spring Favourites)


Firstly, I LOVE how these photos turned out - I love the use of natural lighting (I hardly had to touch these photos up) and the wall of greenery as a backdrop. This outfit is a more casual, relaxed version of this one that I posted a week ago. 




I have paired my go-to basic outfit of faux leather skinny trousers with a black vintage belt and plain white t-shirt, with layered simple gold jewellery, Stan Smiths and this gorgeous Zara checked brown blazer. I think the exposed ankles and contrast of the white t-shirt with the more autumnal/wintery blazer both offered a spring-time appeal - while the trainers and faux leather trousers contrasted with the blazer to make the outfit feel less preppy and more in line with the off-duty athleisure trend (+ the checked blazer = 2 trends in one look)

Current Favourites


Read
I finished reading 'How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits', by Anne Berest, Caroline De Maigret, Audrey Diwan and Sophie Mas in 2 days. It was so light-hearted, witty, full of classical style advice and fashion faux-pas to avoid, very current and I found myself taking both mental and physical notes on every chapter - a perfect beach or plane read.

Travel
The Caribbean has always been high on my wanderlust wish list so this year we are going to the Dominican Republic on a family summer holiday. I am beyond excited for the tropical climate which I have missed so much over the last few years as we've chosen to explore the cities in Europe or on the east coast of the US. I am also really looking forward to the island cuisine, white sand beaches and culture.

Wear
Following on from my travel favourite, I have found myself shopping only for resort/holiday items. On the high-street, I have been especially loving Zara's and Mango's resort wear; and I have recently fallen in love with Topshop's swimwear (it looks more expensive than its actual price-point). In real-time, I have been wearing this blazer non-stop (see this post, here and here).

Watch
CW's Dynasty on Netflix is by far by favourite thing to watch on TV at the moment. The fashion, decadent lifestyle, sarcastic remarks and power-hungry women all make it irresistible and such a perfect source of style inspiration - think a modern take on Gossip Girl mixed with subtle Wes Anderson flairs and nods to Sex and the City. Having never seen the original series, the remake stands alone just as brilliantly, while still paying regular homage to the '80s. 

Eat
While smoothies have always been a staple on my breakfast menu, I have recently been making (on repeat) a cocoa and berry smoothie - with banana, mixed berries or cherries, cocoa powder and almond milk. It is the best chocolate fix and is equally refreshing.


I also wanted to mention this gorgeous new bracelet that I ordered from Soulbands by H&L (delicate jewellery handmade in London). Mine has a fresh water pearl and aquamarine (my birthstone) on fine gold wire.




No comments:

Post a Comment